The mission of the Clark County Veterans Office is to assist veterans with the benefits for which they are eligible, in an efficient and compassionate manner.
WHO WE ARE
The Clark County Veterans Office employs veterans as service officers to assist veterans in obtaining any and all benefits for which they are eligible.
WHY WE ARE HERE
Our Veterans accepted the call to duty to fight for and defend our country. Our office is a way for Clark County, Ohio to say ‘thank you’ to our veterans by assisting them to the best of our ability in receiving the benefits and care they deserve.
WHAT WE DO
The Veterans Service Commission is a county agency dedicated to aiding Clark County veterans during times of need. There are two distinct services the agency provides:
- Emergency financial assistance to eligible veterans and family members who have a demonstrated need.
- Assistance to veterans, family members, and survivors when they apply to the Veterans Administration for benefits, with special emphasis on Veterans Compensation, Pension claims, and Widows Benefits.
- William McGee, Representing American Legion, President
- James R. Ryan, Representing Military Order of the Purple Heart, Secretary
- Tom O’Neal, Representing VFW
- J. Grant Wells, Representing AMVETS
- James L. Hudson Jr, Representing DAV, Vice President
- Crystal Baker, Executive Director/County Veterans Service Officer
- Annisa Younts, Office Manager
- David Mitchell, County Veterans Service Officer
- Darwin Hicks, County Veterans Service Officer
- Roger Ward, County Veterans Service Officer
- Steve Cook, Transportation Coordinator
- Keith Garvin, Transportation Coordinator
- Kenneth Howard, Driver
- Tom Metzger, Driver
- Willie Peterson, Driver